Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance (CSSET) is conducted for B.Ed. course in Sanskrit for three Sanskrit deemed universities. They are:
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan – New Delhi,
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth – Tirupati
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi.
The test will be conducted across the country in various centres. For writing this exam candidate must have B. A Sanskrit or Acharya/MA (Sanskrit) with a minimum of 50%. The minimum age of the candidate must be 20 years. Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam can also apply.
The exam will have two parts, Part A and Part B
- Part A is objective and will contain question of teaching aptitude, Sanskrit literature, general knowledge, mental ability and some questions to check proficiency in Sanskrit language. There will be 10 questions for each section and 160 marks. There is no negative marking. The exam will be for 2 hours.
- Part B will test the candidate’s creative writing, Sanskrit linguistic components and comprehension skills. This section has 40 marks and the exam will be for 30 minutes.