Fire engineering is very daring and dangerous profession which requires carefulness and lots of dedication to do the work perfectly. It utilizes the principles of Engineering and sciences to protect people from dangerous scenarios.It is a dangerous profession which requires a strong sense of commitment to public services.
Good communication skills ,Organisational ability Skills in evaluating situations ,Making quick decisions and solving problems are the essential personal skills needed for a fire engineer. Leadership quality and working as a team member at the same time, physical agility and mental skills to tackle problems under any circumstances are the other qualities needed for a fire engineer
Eligibility criteria for BE in Fire Engineering are BSc with Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics or both as optional subjects. Age limit for joining BE is between 19 to 24. Eligibility criteria for certificate and diploma courses in fire engineering are 10 + 2 with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry or its equivalent examination.
The scope of Fire Engineering is very vast in the field of manufacturing, chemicals, handling bottling plants.
Fire Engineering Courses
– B.E. Fire Engineering
– B.Tech. Fire and Safety Engineering
– Post Graduate Diploma in Fire and Safety Engineering
– Diploma in Fire and Industrial Safety Engineering
– (DFSEM) Diploma in fire and safety engineering management
– Diploma in Fire and Safety Engineering (DFSE)
– Fire Engineering Diploma
– Diploma in Industrial Safety Engineering (DISE)
– Certificate Course in Fire and Safety Engineering (CFSE)
Following are the leading institutes providing Fire Engineering courses
-Firstly, Delhi Institute of Fire Engineering, Then Institute of Fire and Safety Engineering, Nagpur. Following Government Polytechnic College, Kerala, Equally important is College of Fire and Industrial Safety Engineering, Kerala. Furthermore
– Indian Fire Services Engineering and Safety Management College, Maharashtra. And International Institute of Fire and Safety, Kerala, – International Institute of Safety Management and Technology, Kerala. – Institute of Fire Engineers, Nagpur, and – National Centre for Professional Training, Kerala are also of great concern
Top International Institutes to study Fire Engineering:
Firstly, University of Central Lancashire , Secondly important is Lawrence Technological University. Equally important is the California State University Of North Ridge. And next comes the California University of Los Angeles.
Eastern Kentucky University. Oklahoma State University, University of Cincinnati are also of great concern.
Finally about Fire & Safety Engineer pay scale: The average pay is Rs 264,932 per year.
Opportunities for getting a job in the industry, office complexes, or other private sector establishments generally exist after a few years of experience