GATE 2019 – PREPARATION STEPS
Tips on Preparation
GATE 2019 – PREPARATION STEPS
GATE is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology.
All GATE aspirants are now thinking on how to get ready for GATE 2019. IIT Madras will conduct GATE 2019 for 24 papers, including the newly announced paper “Statistics”, on 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th of February 2018. All things considered, every one has his or her own thought about how to prepare for it. The application process is already over. The syllabus for Gate 2019 consists of the syllabus of undergraduate courses, which as you know is very vast. So without a perfect plan on how to go about it, its kind of difficult to get prepared on time for the coming up exams.
So lets see how to crack this exam..
- Know your GATE 2019 Syllabus and the Exam Pattern thoroughly – The first step when you star preparing for GATE 2019 is to refer to the syllabus thoroughly, so as not to waste your time on the unwanted topics. Just as it is important to know what to study, it is also important to know what not to study. Go through the previous years’ papers to understand the weightage given to each particulars. This would give you an idea on preparing a map on how to go about each topic according to its importance in the paper. Its always advisable to start off with the topics with high syllabus to content ratio.
- Study plan – Next step is make a study plan on how to go about the topics each day. Make targets for the day, week and month, and make sure you adhere to it. Making study plan will help you not to rush through the topics at the last moment. Moreover, you will have a definite idea on how much you have covered on the topics. In your plan keep a mix up of easy and tough topics, so that you would have a wide coverage faster.
- Books and Resources – One way for you to kick start your studies is referring your textbooks and follow up the topics with other outside texts.
- Prepare notes on the go – As you go on preparing the subjects, you should start preparing notes. These notes would help you at the revisions in the final stage. The notes should contain the main concepts, formulas and important points pertaining to the topics. This would help you save previous time.
- Mathematics and General Aptitude – Give importance to these two subjects as they constitute 30 marks of the paper. Moreover, you just need to brush up mathematics as per the engineering standards and the general aptitude from the previous papers.
- Previous years’ papers – Practice previous years’ paper at least twice. This would give you an idea on the model of the exam before facing the real one.
- Revise, Revise and Revise – Revise your notes regularly. You are the best person to decide on how often you need to go through your notes to revise. The more your revise, the more you sharpen your knowledge on the topics.
- Strategize – After all your preparation, the final stage for you is to strategize on how to go about when you get the question paper. If you have a strategy beforehand, you would able to attempt the questions better and reduce the silly mistakes which you made during the mock tests.
Last minute tips:
- Please don’t read any new topics during the last few days.
- Take small breaks during your studies lest you become saturated at one point.
- Focus only on revising your notes.
- Keep your mind relaxed and take proper sleep on the day before your exam.
- Be ready with admit card and know your center on the day before.
To sign off please remember:
“A dream doesn’t become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.”
– Colin Powell
You may also like: