Tips for maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle
A Healthy Lifestyle is more than eating and exercising. it requires a permanent lifestyle. Think of your body as your physical shell to take you through life. If you repeatedly abuse it, your shell will wear out quickly.
Keep Yourself Hydrated
- Water makes up for 2/3rd of the body & performs important functions like – acting as a solvent, carrier of nutrients, temperature regulator and body detoxifier.
- Consuming enough water increases vitality and energy levels, including mental alertness.
- Aim to drink around 4-5 litres a day to keep your body hydrated all the time.
- Furthermore, drinking water helps in losing weight.
Eat Mindfully Without Any Distraction
- Avoid eating when distracted, eat slowly, take your time and do not over-eat.
- Chewing your food thoroughly, helps in digestion and you also get to enjoy every bite you take.
- Aerobics and including something as uncomplicated and low-impact as walking is associated with a variety of benefits for the body and the brain. It also includes, reducing the risk of chronic diseases, anti-anxiety and mood-enhancing effects.
- Aim for a total of about 30 minutes of brisk walking every day.
Get Enough Sleep
- Sleep has the ability to optimise mental and physical energy.
- One simple strategy that can help ensure you get a good amount of sleep is to go to bed early.
- Getting into bed by 10 pm or 10:30 pm ensures you get enough sleep which also benefits you in the long run.
- Shutting down the computer or turning off the TV early in the evening is often all it takes to create the time and space to sleep early.
- Finally, lack of sleep causes premature ageing
Stay away from drug, alcohol and tobacco
- Avoid any kind of addiction like drug, alcohol or tobacco for a healthy and disease-free life.
- Fruits have a load of vitamins and minerals
- consume fruit with some fats — such as a dressing, almond butter, olive oil, or avocado